Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Buenos Aires, 2nd trip

This trip definately beat out the 1st one. I got back in town Thursday, and was in B.A. for about 22 days. It's pretty rare that I dream in Spanish, but it happened last weekend, which might be an indicator that I either miss it a ton, or spent a ton of time there. Here are the highlights:

I was living in Almagro, spending 14 bucks a day to stay at a friend's apartment, and loving it. Being a block and a half away from the Corrientes subway is amazing.

My first act was to get a cell phone, and print out cards. Wow, did that ever help.

I went to milongas nearly every evening. I went to bed around 6 AM on average.

I was in full carpetbagger mode, considering that the exchange rate was 3:1 in favor of the dollar. I bought clothing galore, custom magen davidim, and a lot of tango shoes.

I was living half a block from Eugenia Parilla.

I took about 4 private lessons a week, and taped 10 minutes at the end to review. I also took a voice lesson on latin vocalization.

I found the ideal girl, tall great dancer, Jewish, and cute. I may have to import her...

I saw 5 people at Ezeiza airport on my way out. 2 tango teachers / performers from LA (Hugo y Miriam), a couple of people that I saw a lot at milongas, and a tango flautist that I met during New Years.
------------------------------
Well, pictures next time, hopefully that won't be in another few months :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home