Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Happy New Year, here's to new posts

Hi everyone, it's been a damn long while hasn't it? I'm going to gloss over quite a bit of the tango goings on and just get to some of the more interesting events. Starting at the St. Louis Tango Festival 2006.

I was able to stay at Lauren Wilmore's place, with a friend of mine from Seattle who now lives in North Carolina. From what Viktoria tells me, it's a bit of a tango wasteland out there. Still, staying with them was great, Lauren's place was beautiful, and she's paying 66% of what I'm paying for a much nicer place. Go figure though, St. Louis vs. Seattle.

The festival was good, with fun dancing, and lots of old faces. It was funny, considering they hadn't seen me in about a year, and my dance has evolved quite a bit since then. That and my look, which had people comparing me to John Lennon. This comparison happened about 5 times in Buenos Aires on my 2nd trip, but that's a story for later.

The festival was great, and people pulled together. There's a bit of conflict between two camps , but it was put aside for the festival. I think one of the big highlights and coincedences was that an old friend since grade school, who I also saw at Wash U, showed up randomly at the venue, and was checking out tango. Considering the fact that he's moving to Ann Arbor, he might get into the scene.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home